an open forum for sharing creative coding and practice
a scheme by Madlab and Cybersonica
v1.6 – Mark Pilkington/Thought Universe
[Session] v1.6 – Mark Pilkington
Thursday, 25th November, 7-10pm
(and fourth Thursday – or thereabouts – of the month thereafter)
Madlab (Manchester Digital Laboratory)
36-40 Edge Street, Manchester M4 1HN
(Between Thomas St and the Craft Centre, opposite A Bar Called Common)
- ‘In-the-flesh’ presentation by Manchester based performer and composer of electronic and electroacoustic music Mark Pilkington. A way of audio/visual thinking – looking at the relationship between visual and audio composition languages using computer coding with particular reference to Processing and Max/MSP;
- Informal ‘show-and-tell’ and ‘open-laptop’ sessions (go on… bring some of your own work along)
- Join us at the next session to see Processing in action, meet other interested and like-minded people and find out more about the project and how to get involved;
- Visit the InProcess:ing website to catch up with developments and future plans, watch past presentations and follow up on interesting links;
- Join the forum and share your favourite Processing sketches, suggest practitioners/work for future presentations, offer useful techniques and online resources and tell us what you’d like to see from the project.
v1.7 – Xmas Social
[Event] v1.7 – Xmas Social
Thursday, 9th December, 7-10-ishpm
- Live audiovisual and sound performances from Mark Pilkington a.k.a. Thought Universe and para_musician Chris Gladwin;
- Interactive Installations from Mike Blow and The Sancho Plan;
- Informal ‘exhibition’ of personal projects (go on… show some of your own work);
- Free drink and nibbles (but please ‘bring a bottle’ too to supplement our limited bar stock)
InProcess:ing takes a seasonal break from its usual presentational format to showcase creative coding and DIY electronics in practice…
The Xmas Social is an open invitation to everyone who has participated in Cybersonica’s InProcess:ing, Make It Yourself and One Button Challenge sessions and workshops at Madlab, Fab Lab Manchester, Manchester Art Gallery and AND Festival to come together for an evening of socialising and entertainment.
Really hope you can all drop by and join us.
If you have a creative coding or DIY electronics project of your own that you’d like to showcase, is technologically self-contained and can be set up relatively easily for the night then contact Lewis –lewis [@] cybersonica.org to discuss.
For more details including biogs, photos and links and to sign up and share – inprocessing.cybersonica.org.